Saturday, May 26, 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
I love old things. I have a weakness for antiques, the older and uglier the better. I love old clothes, used and worn furniture, vintage luggage. Sometimes, I browse antiques on KSL for fun, even though I can't afford any of them. Old things have a history, a previosity (new word I'm making up-curiosity about what came previously) about them. Tattered ancient books that have been held and read and passes around for generations make me weak at the knees. Old things show progression, they show a value and substance to simplicity. It's like receiving insight to someone else's life. A moment of a different time captured in scuffs and nicks and dents. In the end, old is awesome.
Monday, May 21, 2012
I made the first draft of this when I was 13, and I just found it and added a few things...
- Receive a Master's Degree
- Be miles away from land
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Own a floor-to-ceiling bookcase and FILL IT
- Do something that terrifies me
- Play a Mozart sonata all the way through
- Buy a $200 outfit just for fun
- Be reckless and crazy for an entire day
- Eat breakfast at Tiffany's
Set foot on the Broadway stage
- Love unconditionally
- Go to India
- Give someone something to believe in
Kiss a complete stranger
- Bathe in a waterfall
- Go inside 15 different temples
- Write a novel
- Build a clubhouse
- Learn another language
Attend the Opera
- Own 100 of any one thing
- Snorkel. In the ocean.
- Perform in front of thousands of people
- Go paragliding
- Be in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- Publish something
Read a Victor Hugo book.
- See one of the 7 Wonders of the World
- Feel total and complete joy
Thursday, May 3, 2012
"Every girl is expected to have caucasian blue eyes, full Spanish lips, a classic button nose, hairless Asian skin with a California tan, a Jamaican dance hall ass, long Swedish legs, small Japanese feet, the abs of a lesbian gym owner, the hips of a nine-year-old boy, the arms of Michelle Obama and doll tits.
The person closest to actually achieving this look is Kim Kardashian, who, as we know, was made by Russian scientists to sabotage our athletes. Everyone else is struggling."
- Tina Fey